Singapore. On September 21, just before Round 11 of the 2019 season, the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia held a special event to announce the thrilling details of the upcoming 2020 season. Drivers, teams and journalists gathered together in the exclusive Mandarin Oriental Marina Bay Hotel to hear an address from President and CEO Porsche China Dr. –Ing Jens Puttfarcken, Head of Porsche Motorsport Asia Pacific Alexandre Gibot and Director Motorsport Sales Porsche Motorsport Michael Dreiser. To audible gasps from the audience, the three high-ranking Porsche executives revealed the long-awaited details
- Daniel Lu Wenlong becomes the youngest ever Carrera Cup Asia race winner
- Unmatched hospitality at Marina Bay’s famous Green Room
- Hamprecht sets Carrera Cup course record during qualifying
- The first street race of the season
- Ragginger first over the line in all three races.
- The season continues with Rounds 6 & 7 & 8
- Nail biting qualifying sees pole position decided by one one-thousandth of a second
- The season continues with Rounds 4 & 5 & 6
A scorcher in Suzuka as the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia brings the heat in Rounds 2 and 3 - Twin poles for Philip Hamprecht across the race weekend - Penalties in Round 2 see a post-race shift in podium places - Over 40 cars on the track at the same time - Electric atmosphere in the stands as fans go wild for the Carrera Cup races
- The season continues with Rounds 2 & 3 at Japan’s Suzuka Circuit - Porsche Carrera Cup Asia joins Porsche Carrera Cup Japan for two thrilling joint races with over 40 cars on the track - The first time that the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia makes an appearance at Suzuka Circuit - Rivalries already heating up after the first Round of the season
- Team Giltrap Group’s Will Bamber secures overall victory in thrilling start to the season. - Fastest lap goes to Team StarChase’s Philip Hamprecht with a time of 2:07.723. - Newcomers Team Giltrap Group take home the first Dealer Trophy of the season. - Last second overtakes make for nail-biting final laps for both Overall and Pro-Am classes.